USU is the only university in the state that offers a degree in agribusiness. Agribusiness is concerned with the financing, marketing, and management of food production.
Agribusiness is an important field because ag-related industry, from farming and livestock to food production and human nutrition, encompasses a significant portion of careers worldwide. Additionally, the field of agriculture has historically differed from other business sectors in that government intervention in the form of taxes, trade barriers, etc., have always played a role in agricultural businesses. Therefore, students in the program study problems and issues unique to agribusiness industries.
Because students gain a solid foundation in business, they can work in the broad field of business, but their agricultural knowledge and qualifications allow them to specialize in agribusiness careers.
With a relatively small faculty, and a low student-to-teacher ratio, students are guaranteed individualized attention. Most of the faculty members in the College of Agriculture have national and international experience that helps them bring a global perspective to the class. Students have the opportunity to do research in labs and in the field.
Apply to Utah State University
In addition to Utah State University’s admissions requirements, the agribusiness program has additional requirements:
- Freshmen: New freshmen admitted to USU in good standing qualify for admission to this major.
- Transfer students: Transfer students from other institutions and students transferring from other USU majors need a 2.5 total GPA for admission to this major.
- Additional requirements may apply for students who seek to be admitted to a dual major.
International students have additional admissions requirements.
This degree is offered through Utah State University Regional Campuses and follows the USU Regional Campus tuition schedule. See Tuition & Payment for more information.
With a degree in agribusiness, students can pursue the following careers:
- Commercial bank operations
- Commodities trader
- Food marketing and sales
- Agricultural input marketing and sales
- Insurance sales and adjusting
- Agribusiness manager
- Farm and ranch management
- Stock and commodity brokerage
The following degrees are available on the USU Eastern Price and Blanding Campuses:
Use the USU Degree finder to search all degrees available throughout the Utah State University system.