Business Administration: MBA
The MBA is a broadening degree that prepares students for managing business in a variety of areas. Students from all backgrounds and with various undergraduate degrees can earn an MBA.
The oldest business school west of the Mississippi, USU’s Huntsman School of Business has been offering degrees since 1894 and has long held prestigious accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International and continues to be on the forefront of advanced business education.
The MBA program focuses on the concept of operational excellence, which is a philosophy of leadership, teamwork, and problem solving resulting in continuous improvement throughout an organization by focusing on the needs of the customer, empowering employees, and optimizing existing activities in the process. The School of Business also administers the prestigious Shingo Prize, an international award established in 1988. It is the only award program in the world focused on operational excellence.
A specialization is not required.
- Strategic Business Development and Venturing: This specialization focuses on strategy and venturing skills which are tremendous assets to companies that want managers capable of identifying and leading growth strategies.
- Business Analytics: The competencies learned in the Business Analytics specialization focus on business intelligence, information systems strategy, and database design and mining.
- Finance: The Finance specialization focuses on broader financial skills and competencies and positions MBA students more strongly for the market.
USU Jon M. Huntsman School of Business:
Master of Business Administration
Business Administration - MBA
Master's Degree Plan Option(s)
Students receiving the MBA must complete this plan option:
- The Plan C option does not involve a thesis or a defense meeting and is comprised of coursework only.
The following prerequisites are required for the MBA program:
- ACCT 2010 – Survey of Accounting I (Financial Accounting)
- FIN 3400 – Corporate Finance
- MGT 3500 – Fundamentals of Marketing
- STAT 2300 – Business Statistics or Equivalent 2000 Level Stats Class (for Professional MBA program)
- Fill out the online application
- Pay the application fee
- Score at or above the 50th percentile on the GRE or GMAT (students in the Professional MBA program must score at or above the 40th percentile)
- Have a 3.0 or higher GPA on your last 60 semester or 90 quarter credits
- Provide transcripts of all college/university credits
- Provide three contacts for letters of recommendation
- Provide a résumé
- Interview (for full-time MBA program only)
International students have additional admissions requirements.
A variety of funding opportunities are available, including fellowships, scholarships, assistantships, tuition awards, and travel support. Additionally, students may be eligible for subsidized health insurance through qualifying assistantships.
This degree is offered through Utah State University Regional Campuses and follows the USU Regional Campus tuition schedule. See Tuition & Payment for more information.
People with an MBA have the opportunity to enter many career areas in business, including:
- Commercial banking
- Investment banking
- Financial planning
- Money management
- Real estate
Many other possibilities are open to people with an MBA depending on the student’s undergraduate degree. Graduates will gain the business skills and knowledge to succeed in a wide variety of fields and with companies and organizations across the spectrum.
The following degrees are available on the USU Eastern Price and Blanding Campuses:
Use the USU Degree finder to search all degrees available throughout the Utah State University system.