Human Resources: MHR
Housed in the Jon M. Huntsman School of Business, the master of human resources program gives students the opportunity to engage in real-world projects that prepare students for one of the fastest growing career fields. Human resource managers are responsible for the strategic design and implementation of recruitment, selection, compensation, training, career, and performance management systems that bring out the best in an organization’s most important assets - its people.
The oldest business school west of the Mississippi, USU has been offering business degrees since 1894 and has long held prestigious accreditation from the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) International and continues to be on the forefront of advanced business education.
Because USU’s HR program is designated as a Western Regional Graduate Program, students from participating western states qualify for in-state tuition. For more information, visit Western Interstate Commission for Higher Education.
The MHR is also available in an executive program, offered throughout the state of Utah to working professionals. The program is scheduled around business hours, so that students may maintain their careers while working toward the MHR degree. Courses are taught online and through video broadcast throughout the state of Utah and beyond.
Students whose undergraduate degree is not in a business-related field must take an additional 10.5 credits of business acumen courses. Most of these courses can be completed during the summer as part of the Accelerated Business Core program. The classes can also be taken concurrently with the MHR program.
- Complete the online application
- Pay the application fee
- Score at or above the 40th percentile on in the GRE, the GMAT or MAT
- Have a 3.0 or higher GPA on your last 60 semester or 90 quarter credits
- Provide transcripts of all college/university credits
- Provide three contacts for letters of recommendation
- Provide a resume to the department
- One-page summary of career goals and objectives
International students have additional admissions requirements.
A variety of funding opportunities are available, including fellowships, scholarships, assistantships, tuition awards, and travel support. Additionally, students may be eligible for subsidized health insurance through qualifying assistantships.
This degree is offered through Utah State University Regional Campuses and follows the USU Regional Campus tuition schedule. See Tuition & Payment for more information.
Graduates of the MHR program can pursue careers in the following areas:
- Human resource management
- Performance management
- Talent acquisition
- Organizational effectiveness
- Organizational development
The following degrees are available on the USU Eastern Price and Blanding Campuses:
- Business, AB
- Accounting, BS/BA
- Business Administration, BS/BA
- Business Education, BS/BA
- Economics, BS/BA
- Management Information Systems, BS/BA
- Marketing, BS/BA
- Business Administration, MBA
- Entrepreneurship, Minor
- Hospitality and Tourism Management, Minor
- Marketing, Minor
- Multimedia Development, Minor
Use the USU Degree finder to search all degrees available throughout the Utah State University system.