The Emma Eccles Jones College of Education and Human Services, which houses the Psychology Department, ranks in the top 2% of all graduate colleges of education. The college was also ranked third in the nation in total research dollars received, according to "America's Best Graduate Schools" U.S. News & World Report.
Psychology Department faculty actively collaborate with students on a variety of research projects, including parenting interventions for Latino families, interventions for individuals with anxiety disorders, cognition in young children, animal modeling of drug abuse, impulsivity, etc. Students are active in presenting at national conferences, authoring journal articles and book chapters, and submitting for grant funding.
USU Psychology Department:
Professional School Counselor Education (MEd)
Psychology - MEd
Master's Degree Plan Option(s)
Students entering the PhD programs directly from their undergraduate degrees must complete the Plan A master's degree work as well as the PhD dissertation.
- Plan A, which requires students to complete graduate-level coursework and write a thesis
For most students, some psychology prerequisites will need to be completed before beginning the graduate program. However, these do not need to be taken before students can be accepted to the program.
- Complete the online application
- Pay the application fee
- Score at or above the 40th percentile on the GRE. For MEd students in the school counseling specialization, the MAT is also accepted.
- Have a 3.0 or higher GPA on your last 60 semester or 90 quarter credits
- Provide transcripts of all college/university credits
- Provide three contacts for letters of recommendation
- Submit a statement of professional intent/interest
International students have additional admissions requirements.
A variety of funding opportunities are available, including fellowships, scholarships, assistantships, tuition awards, and travel support each year. Additionally, students may be eligible for subsidized health insurance through qualifying assistantships.
This degree is offered through Utah State University Regional Campuses and follows the USU Regional Campus tuition schedule. See Tuition & Payment for more information.
The Emma Eccles Jones College of Education & Human Services may charge differential tuition for this program. Differential tuition is an added cost per credit for courses in the program. See the last page in the USU Tuition & Fee schedule for more information.
School Counseling Specialization
- Students who graduate with the school counseling specialization work as counselors in K-12 public and private schools.
The following degrees are available on the USU Eastern Price and Blanding Campuses:
Use the USU Degree finder to search all degrees available throughout the Utah State University system.
School Counseling Program Director
Price Campus Liaison
Blanding Campus Liaison
Health Science Library Building (HSL)